Don't want to go as far as to have birds in your hair? Just have the cage instead
Spice up your simple pony tail with this braid. On the right side is the original cage braid but on the left I split the hair into two and only took from one side of the pony tail for each braid. They then fell together and made a lovely slightly more complicated braid then just one braid.
1. Put your hair into a secure high pony tail.
2. Take a small section of hair from the top of the pony tail and do one 'stitch' of a regular 3 strand braid.
3. Then start adding hair into each 'stitch' every time you cross one over. But when you get the hair to add, try and get it from under the ponytail so it does literally cage the hair left in the middle.
4. When you get to the end finish it with a regular 3 strand braid then tuck the end into the hair band under the pony tail.
5. Now, your braid should look like this:
6. It looks a bit lifeless. So to add the cage effect to it pinch the top of the ponytail and pull it forward, pin it down with lots of clips so it won't slip out and the braid should have splayed out more. Creating a beautiful effect. If you like you can pull out the added sections a bit more to make it even bigger.